Wednesday, October 19, 2011

I Woke Up Singing This Morning


 This morning I woke up singing! At least in my HEART! And soon it filled the whole house! As I shaved, Showered and dressed it was an old old song that just issued forth from my spirit!
It is simply entitled "It Wouldn't Be Enough"

 It wouldn't be enough!

I had a minister friend some years back that was fond of quoting Backslidden King Solomon who said "Money Answereth All Things"

 We would get in pretty tense disagreements about that verse, He felt it was the answer to * EVERYTHING*
He would preach it from his pulpit several times a month. Encouraging the young people to pursue money as it was the solution to EVERYTHING!
But everytime he would start down that road, I could only think of another verse in the Bible....... 
 "WHAT SHALL A MAN GIVE IN EXCHANGE FOR HIS SOUL?"

 Thank God for the Blood Of Jesus FREELY SHED for such a horrible lost and dying world!

Sometimes I wonder out loud if Pentecost in many ways has not strayed from the very fundemental issue of our faith ,,,, The preaching of the CROSS in a rush to get people into the water or speaking in tongues.

 Oh for a return to the sentiments of the song that says

 "At the Cross, At the Cross , Where I FIRST saw the Light and the Burdens of my heart rolled away! It was THERE BY FAITH I received my sight, And NOW I am HAPPY all the DAY!"

  

No comments:

Post a Comment