Thursday, January 12, 2012

This Guy REALLY Challenges Me! AND Impresses me!!!!!!!

You know, even though like me ,you may not have a television in your home, or even listen to the radio much, you can hardly have gone the past several weeks without hearing or reading about THIS GUY.

 Almost everytime I log onto Yahoo to check my email, THERE IS ANOTHER  STORY ABOUT HIM! But not JUST about him, but more to the point, his FAITH IN GOD AND DESIRE TO OPENLY TESTIFY OF IT TO THOSE WATCHING HIM! His name is Tim Tebow and oddly enough it is his FAITH and the EXPRESSION of it that seems to be causing so many in the world to get besides themselves with  criticism. Here is a picture of him just before going out on the frield to play.....








 When I saw this the  first thing I  felt was a deep deep thrill in my spirit! ANY friend of Jesus is a friend of mine! And I genuinely LOVE PEOPLE WHO LOVE THE LORD! And if there is something *I* know about the Lord that they haven't discovered yet, I don't want to bludgeon them to death with it but rather SHARE THAT TRUTH with them with an attitude that  lifts Jesus *AND THEM*  UP!

 
 What alot of people who came in during that great nationwide revival that swept America back in the late 1960's early 70's (And let me tell you... I have YET to see its equal! STILL HOPING TO THOUGH!)

 But what many of us who came in  in those days may never actually have considered are  that the SEEDS of that great revival didn't come from the church on the whole but rather from a VERY unusual background!

 POP CULTURE!

 Our hearts began turning to God NOT from sermons we listened to  (Most of us didn't even know what the WORD Pentecostal meant let alone knew that there were such things as "PENTECOSTAL CHURCHES") but rather from a very unusual source! 

 Who remembers the popular songs of those days? Oh Happy Day... I Don't Know How To Love Him...Day by Day...There's a New World Comin;... Spirit in the Sky... the songs of the WORLD started more and more to call out to Jesus and actually LIFT HIM UP! Those hippy kids began to be affected more and more and more until there was a great RUSH into the Kingdom of God and Act's 2:38 salvation!

 Many of todays great men and women of God were HIPPY KIDS Back then whose hearts were stirred to seek God by the very culture that they lived in!

 Brother Larry Booker's writings about HIS conversion are just one of MANY stories of kids coming in to the Kingdom in that great revival! And for many of us it started as we listened to the ROCK AND ROLL stations (!)     (I can't believe I am actually writing this and am sure that it will cause me much grief but it's the truth anyway) but for many of us that revival started as we listened to  such songs as "JESUS CHRIST JESUS CHRIST OH' HOW YOU FOUGHT HOW YOU SACRIFICED!" I mean just THINKING about the move of God that went along with those days sends Holy Ghost shivers up and down my spine!


 Here it is a DIFFERENT CENTURY ( YIKES ! I can't believe I am writing THAT either!) And once again I feel that same stirring out there in the WORLD! An hunger for something real! Something lasting and satisfying! And to see a major Football star out there with just ONE MESSAGE TO PROCLAIM.......

 "That God So Loved The World That He Gave His Only Begotten Son That Whoseover Believeth on Him Should Not Perish But Have Everlasting Life" John3:16..

Well........ WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND COULD SAY ANYTHING OTHER THAN "I WISH I WAS SO BOLD WITH ***MY***FAITH!'

 I pray God Blesses This Guy and brings him the FULLNESS of Life that he is telling others about through HIS testimony! I AM IMPRESSED! Thank God For men Like TIM TEBOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment