Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's A German Thing!


 Time Changes Things! It really does!
I remember just a few short years ago starting the work here in Augsburg, Germany, how hard things were.

New Years Eve Watch Night Services would be just Three People, ME MYSELF AND I.

 I would spend the evening totally alone in the church, praying, singing, worshipping and then at midnight I would take the Lords Supper, just Jesus and me.

 That old devil would try and crash the evening "What a failure! There'll never be anything here! QUIT AND GO HOME!"

 The biggest enemy being NOT the world but BRETHREN FALSELY CALLED SO.
I would want so bad to go home! 

But really WHERE WAS HOME ?

 I wasn't even sure anymore!

 Was it the Middle East?

 Chicago??

California???

Louisiana????

 Dallas Fort Worth????? (I could STILL really get into THAT!)


I would spend hours praying "LORD WHERE SHOULD I GO??????
 But the Lord would just say.....

 STAY IN YOUR PLACE!

 To say that the adversary unleashed everything against me that God would allow him to is an understatement!

What the devil thought was Discouragement after Discouragement was really just the seeds of TESTIMONY AFTER TESTIMONY that he was handing me! (He's so dumb! I wonder if he knows that?)

Last night was another watch night but as the years have gone by the FRUIT of FAITH has manifested itself!

 A Church FILLED! Praises! Dancing! Rejoicing! Testimonies of many who over the past few years have had God TURN THEIR LIFE AROUND!

 Many now Baptized in Jesus Name and Filled with the Holy Ghost who just a year or two ago were living miserable shattered existences without hope!

 As we prayed the old year out and the new year in THIS YEAR as the crowd around the Lords Table was bigger than ever before, singing THANK GOD FOR THE BLOOD I thought.......


 THERE IS NO PLACE ELSE I'D RATHER BE THAN RIGHT HERE LORD SURROUNDED BY THE MARVELLOUS FRUIT THAT YOU HAVE GIVEN ME!

 Men and women from several continents Born again of the Water and the Spirit Loving God!

We took the Lords supper and then had fireworks! This year our fireworks were so fantastic! Everybody seemed to have brought Sky Rockets and firecrackers and whirling deals on the ground! It was great!

 And the food!
Hot Dogs, Bratwursts, WeisWurst, Cole Slaw, Cakes, You name it we had it!

 We didn't get out of the church til almost four am this morning!

 WHAT A DIFFERENCE HOLDING ON CAN MAKE IN THE FACE OF DEEP UNREMITTING DISSAPOINTMENTS!

 I and the church here in Augsburg  , Apostolic Lighthouse are living proof that the old saying is true....

 God *IS* Faithful!

 Do you know him yet in the fullness of the Holy Ghost?

****THIS JUST IN****THIS JUST IN**** THIS JUST IN*****

Brother Brian Shell and family on deputation there in the US just called me to mourn the fact that THEY WEREN'T ABLE TO BE HERE YET TO HAVE SOME OF THOSE BRATWURSTS! PLEASE CONTINUE HELPING US TO GET THEM OVER HERE! WE NEED THEM DESPERATELY!!!
(that is all)

No comments:

Post a Comment