Thursday, November 24, 2011

Would You Like Fries With That??????????

Life is FILLED with Pleasant Surprises! One of mine came just the night before I left Germany. As per usual I was running around like a chicken with my HAID cut off when from the laundry room downstairs came the MOST UNUSUAL SOUND imagineable from my Washing Machine.

 Now this machine has seen LOTS and LOTS of duty, and it was already on its last leg but WHAT ON EARTH could be wrong with it NOW I thought???????

 For all of a sudden echoing through the entire house came a sound that can ONLY be described as sounding EXACTLY like a MAJOR armload full of frozen french fries dropped INSTANTLY into a vat of boiling oil!  SNAPPING CRACKLING AND ***POPPING!*** I ran down the stairs like a lunatic thinking that ( this shows you how dumb I truly must be) that SOMEHOW the ELECTRICITY flowing into the Machine had made some bizarre contact with the WATER in the machine and was literally CRACKLING away inside of it! I gingerly unplugged it .... nope .... no water on the floor....no electric shock.... well "LET'S PLUG HER IN AND SEE IF THAT *FIXED* IT"

 NOPE IT DID NOT! DEEP FRYER SOUNDS IMMEDIATELY (What CAN that be?????) Needless to say Old Bertha (well I didn't REALLY name my washing machine) is DEAD.

 When I get home I plan to have a proper funeral for her, her epitaph being "SHE SERVED ME WELL" If there are any churches out there that desire their missionaries to have CLEAN clothes... feel free to help me to get another one! Washing Machine that is. NOT a deep fryer!

No comments:

Post a Comment