Monday, November 7, 2011

Travelling Mercies


 I just got off the phone to America. I was talking with one of my favourite Christians in the world and asked him "Brother I am flying out tomorrow from Germany to Texas for a few weeks can you pray for me right now that I have a safe trip?'

 And then as the brother began to pray for me and I felt that sweet spirit of Jesus Christ, the brother said "And Lord, I pray TRAVELLING MERCIES for brother Conroy!" And man! I just fell in love with that Phrase! TRAVELLING MERCIES! Is it anything short of Beautiful?

 You know we usually ask the Lord to keep us as we fly or drive but the REAL travelling mercies I think we ALL NEED 24/7 are the travelling mercies he loves to give us as we navigate through this LIFE!

 Once I was on an airplane the same week as the Columbine Shooting, and for some reason as I read the International Paper at thirty plus thousand feet I began to feel a little anxiety at such a horrible tragedy.

 But as I continued to read we entered some VERY severe Turbulence! Anyone that really KNOWS me knows I HATE FLYING even though I do so much of it! But as that plane began to toss and turn up inthe higher levels of the atmosphere I began to pray PLEASE LORD! I DONT WANT TO DIE IN A PLANE CRASH! ( I mean WHO DOES?)

 But as I prayed the turbulence only INCREASED! I was genuinely ASCARED!

 But just when it got to the point where I was gripping the arm rests of the seat (At least I HOPE they were the arm rests of the seat NOT the arms of the person NEXT to me!) but as I was gripping them STRONGLY I actually had a vision in the Holy Ghost that was so deeply comforting!

 It was as if I could see the plane from the OUTSIDE as it hurtled through the air! And JUST IN FRONT OF IT were several angels flying in front of it and weaving back and forth playfully the way Dolphins sometimes do with boats in the water! It was so AMAZING because just SEEING that made me to know INSTANTLY that Gods word IS TRUE and that he HAS given his angels charge over ME (okay and YOU TOO) to bear us UP and KEEP US!

 Tomorrow I am not the least bit anxious because I know that I shall have TRAVELLING MERCIES!
' The Man of God Prayed that for me and GOD HEARS AND ANSWERS PRAYERS!

 Hey by the way! If any of you are wanting to have me when I am there you need to email me at Doranc@hotmail.,com because my schedule (amazingly enough this time) is filling up nice and quick for a change! I CHALK IT UP TO >>>> TRAVELLING MERCIES!

 See you in AMERICA!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this post! It's nice to know I'm not the only frequent flier who doesn't enjoy the experience of being thousands of feet in the air. (After 4 years of traveling the world for work I still hyperventilate on planes...) I think I'm going to print this and put it in my carry-on to read next time I need to fly.

    ReplyDelete