Thursday, December 1, 2011

I AM THE VINE ***YOU*** ARE THE BRANCHES

 One of my favourite songs is an old old song called "BLESSED QUIETNESS". It was a song widely sung at the  very beginning of the last centuries Holy Ghost revival. One of the verses says ...

 "LIKE THE RAIN THAT FALLS FROM HEAVEN
LIKE THE SUNSHINE FROM THE SKY
SO THE HOLY GHOST IS GIVEN
COMING ON US FROM ON HIGH!"

To me, that is one of the most beautiful thoughts expressed in song, the FREE outpouring of Gods spirit on anyone who will just open up and receive it! It's GIVEN!

 And yet while salvation is FREE Jesus DOES have a requirement for his people.

  Jesus was very clear as to what God requires  of his children. FRUITFULLNESS. 

A RETURN ON HIS INVESTMENT!

*******SOULS*******

 So many of the issues that we place great importance on oddly enough JESUS never addressed them ....NOT ONCE in the Gospels! BUT WHAT HE DID ADDRESS OVER AND OVER was the RETURN that God expects on his INVESTMENT! Trees that bear no fruit and so are uprooted, Talents that are buried and so taken away, Branches  that bear no grapes and so are pruned off and burned .....over and over he lets us know that the failure to bring him a return on his investment is a transgression he will NOT overlook!

 YIKES

But BUT BUTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!! It doesn't have to be that way!
The Apostles asked Jesus WHAT MUST WE DO THAT WE MAY WORK THE WORKS OF GOD?

He didn't say "Fast three times a week, Pray three hours a day, Give it all in the offerring..." No the SECRET to WORKING THE WORKS OF GOD is simply BELIEVING ON HIM WHO GOD HATH SENT!

JOHN CAPTER 6
 28 Then said they unto him, What shall we do , that we might work the works of God? 29 Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent .

 To bring forth FRUIT to God Jesus tells us all we have to do is simply BELIEVE ON HIM, ABIDE IN HIM, and allow his WORD  to abide in US!

Sometimes I look at my  life as a son of God and think GOOD GRAVY! HOW????!!!!!!  HOW GOD??????????????????

 I CAN'T!

I mean I CAN'T sing, I CAN'T  preach, I CAN'T play the piano guitar or flugel horn,  I'm fat I'm Ugly, I'm bald, I'm losing both my hearing and my sight and MAYBE my mind.....When I went to the Middle East I knew I CAN'T speak Arabic When I went to Germany I knew I CAN'T speak German,  The list of I CAN'TS is MILES LONG believe me! AND YET

and yet........

GOD CAN!!!!!!!!
As I sit here this morning typing this post my mind looks back and I realize LORD look at what you have done through this totally inept last choice for the team guy ! You have taken such a LOSER and  you have brought forth FRUIT on Every Continent inhabitted by man! Africa, Europe, Asia, North America, South America

Egyptians, Jews, Syrians, Armenians, Rhodesians, Nigerians, Sierra Leonians, Asians, Chaldeans, Kurds, Assyrians, Germans, Bulgarians, Italians, British, Sudanese, Muslims,  Palestinians, Jordanians, Lebanese, Sri Lankans,  Americans, on and on and on God has actually allowed ME to baptize them and pray them through to the Holy Ghost! HOW?????????????????

 I think the answer is simple
GOD HAS CHOSEN THE FOOLISH THINGS OF THIS WORLD TO CONFOUND THE WISE!

 It never ceases to amaze me how the branch that *I* am in the family of God keeps growing in the most incredible ways!

I am sure that NO ONE who saw that hippy kid praying at an old wooden altar back in Fresno , Ca in 1972 even thought he would last a WEEK! But over the YEARS I have followed God over so much of the world AMAZED at the results of just telling people about JESUS! Two years ago God was very good to lead me to a Trinitarian Preacher from Nigeria living in Germany, he was so hungry for a walk with God that pleased him and when he heard the FULL GOSPEL of Repentance Baptism in Jesus Name and the Holy Ghost Baptism he was IMMEDIATE in his response to WALK IN THE LIGHT. Here he is in this picture to the right of our wonderful brother Brian Shell during his last revival there in Germany. His name is Brother Joseph Ayodele.

  Since hearing the FULL GOSPEL Brother Joseph Ayodele has gone FULL STEAM AHEAD for Jesus and the Act's 2:38 Message!

 Here are just a few pictures of his last crusade in Nigeria to bring TRUTH to these precious people! And OH how they are receiving it!
NOW there are ENTIRE CHURCHES just waiting for Brothe Joseph Ayodeles return so that THEY can hear the Jesus Name Message and OBEY IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 We have already purchased LAND put up a two bathrooms and are laying a foundation for our first building in Nigeria! We have already sent down Two Vans and a BUS and are raising funds to send yet ANOTHER van for Evangelization in Nigeria.

 MY HOW THE VINE WILL GROW IF YOU WILL JUST LET IT!!!

 The whole POINT of this post is NOT "PRAISE JOE CONROY"  But rather 

PRAISE JESUS OF NAZARETH WHO CAN TAKE NUTHIN' AND USE IT FOR HIS GLORY!  If I can bring forth fruit to God WHAT CAN ****YOU*** DO! I know ME! You're BETTER than me! I am sure of it! No doubt in my mind! I challenge you, young old rich poor fat skinny ugly handsome short tall LET GOD USE YOU TO BEAR WITNESS OF HIS GREAT SALVATION! THE RESULTS WILL
ASTOUND
YOU!


No comments:

Post a Comment