Tuesday, December 20, 2011

And Now For Something Completely Different.......


 Well it's that time of year again here in Bavaria! SNOW! Hallelujah! I love this time of year here, in fact I love every one of the seasons here ! Breathtakingly beautiful.

 The snow has been drifting down gently and lazily all morning long and now everything is blanketted with it! As I sit here drinking some black tea with slices of ginger in it (If you haven't tried that yet you don't know what you're missing!) But as I sit here gazing out my window I feel as though I am back twenty years ago in Aleppo, Syria.

Every bit as lovely!
And the song that is going through my heart right now is an old Arabic song sung by one of Lebanons greatest singers of all times, a woman named Fairouz.
Fairouz is one of Lebanons Christians as well.
 The name of the song is "TALJ TALJ"
"SNOW SNOW"

   Here is the song, even though you might not understand a word of it, just the beauty of her voice warms me!
I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment